The total number of IDPs recorded from January to 16th October, 2014 within Borno State is 222,054 IDPS.
Number of existing camps in the state as at 16th /10/2014 are:
|Affected Local Govt Areas||Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)|
|NYSC Camp Maiduguri||4,580|
|EYM Church Maiduguri Wulari||8,303|
|Gov. College M||518|
|Chad basin camp Maiduguri||5,336|
|Sanda kyarimi sec, school Maiduguri||1,003|
|Army primary school II||2,000|
Its very sad that Internally displaced persons flee out of their communities due to attack threat and fear of the insurgent.
Most of the IDPS living in the camps are from GWOZA, JERE KONDUGA, GWOZA, DAMBOA, MAFA, MARTE, ASKIRA/UBA DIKWA, BAMA and CHIBOK local government areas. Most of the affected communities are totally destroyed while some are partially damaged. Occupationally, Most of the affected are agrarians and others businessmen IDPs have lost all means of livelihood and are relying on donations from
Government, NGOs and host communities.
• The insurgent carted away all their belongings including food stuff left during displacement
• Most of the IDPs who have access to relatives or friend prefer to relocate to leave with relative within the town.
• Education facilities are not adequate in the camps in the camps
• Portable drinking water is available in all the camps
• IDPS are however idle and do not have access to any sort of job opportunity which has worsen their situation.